Hello, Lovebugs! This week we are sharing an easy and delicious treat you can make for any of the honeys in your life. This recipe combines two delicious chocolates and the taste of espresso coffee with the only espresso liqueur made from real espresso coffee beans. We first shared our love of Caffe Borghetti with you when we made Caffe Borghetti PBIF Pie. The hint of espresso coffee intertwined with two kinds of chocolate will have you looking for love in all kinds of places.
We found this recipe on Pinterest from www.insidebrucrewlife.com. Of course, we put our own Blind Pig twist on it. We promise, if your sweet ones like fudge they are in for a treat!
Place a layer of wax paper or aluminum foil in a 9×9 inch pan.
Next, place chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for bursts of 15-30 seconds. Remove from the microwave and stir. Return to microwave again for a short burst. Remove and stir. Continue until the chocolate chips are melted and smooth.
Place a container of chocolate frosting in the microwave for 1 minute. Pour into chocolate chips and stir until smooth and creamy. Add 2 ounces of Caffe’ Borghetti Espresso Liqueur to the chocolate mixture. Pour mixture into 9×9 inch pan.
We let our chocolate bottom layer cool and rest for about 15 minutes before starting the next layer.
Melt white chocolate chips with the same process as you melted the chocolate chips. Heat and add white frosting to the white chips. Stir until smooth. Pour over the top of the chocolate layer. Let fudge set until firm. We placed ours in the refrigerator to solidify overnight.
Prior to serving, cut into squares or thin slices. Store in a sealed container.
Yes, it really is that easy!!
- 2 cups of dark chocolate or milk chocolate chips
- 1- 16 ounce can chocolate frosting
- 2 cups of white chocolate chips
- 1 -16 ounce can of vanilla frosting
- 2 ounces of Caffe' Borghetti Espresso Liqueur
- Line a 9 x 9 inch baking pan with wax paper or aluminum foil.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt milk chocolate chips in 15 - 30 second bursts. Take bowl from microwave. Stir. Continue this process until chips are melted and smooth. Make sure not to overcook.
- Remove lid and foil from chocolate frosting can. Place in microwave for 1 minute.
- Remove from microwave and pour into melted chips.
- Stir until smooth.
- Add 2 ounces of Caffe' Borghetti Espresso Liqueur. Stir until smooth.
- Pour chocolate mixture into 9 x 9 inch pan. Let set.
- Repeat chip melting instructions in another bowl for white chocolate chips.
- Heat vanilla frosting in microwave for 1 minute and stir until smooth with melted white chocolate chips.
- Pour white chocolate mixture over the top of milk chocolate mixture.
- Place in refrigerator overnight.
- Cut into 1 inch squares or slice into thin slices. The aluminum or wax paper will aid in removing the fudge easily from the pan.
We hope that your Valentine’s Day is the best yet! Give your loved ones a hug and kiss for us. If you are not subscribing to our blog, yet. What are you waiting for?