It’s time for our May bonus post. This month’s bonus is an easy, tasty, fresh recipe that you can whip up with a Mexican meal or if friends are dropping by for a last minute visit.
With the fresh ingredients of avocados, cilantro, tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, lime and a splash of Corralejo Anejo Tequila, your guests will be singing your praises. We had family visitors from California last weekend, and wanted to serve a tasty meal with little fuss. The guac was a hit and so easy to make. It was a great compliment to chicken enchiladas and a Santorita!
First slice avocados into a molcajete or other bowl. Smash avocados with a fork. Next add diced tomato, diced cilantro, diced onions, and jalapenos. Mix together with the avocados. Blend in the juice of 1 lime and .5 ounces of tequila. We used Corralejo Anejo Tequila. Anjeos are aged 1-3 years, so they have more flavor that comes through in the guac than a regular blanco tequila which is not aged and bottled immediately. Add a pinch of kosher salt. Serve with blue corn tortilla chips. Yummo!
If you are viewing this post in your email, visit our website for a printable version of the recipe.
Corralejo Lime Guac
- 3 ripened avocados
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 jalapeno diced
- 1 medium tomato diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- .5 ounces of Corralejo Anejo Tequila
- a pinch of kosher salt
- Cut avocados in half. Remove the pit. Slice avocados and scoop out with a spatula or spoon. Place slices in a molcajete or bowl. Mash with spoon or fork.
- Dice onion, tomatoes, jalapeno, and chop cilantro. Add to avocado mixture.
- Squeeze juice of lime and add to mixture along with .5 ounces of tequila.
- Mix well.
- Add a pinch of salt and serve with blue corn tortilla chips.
- Serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator tightly wrapped in plastic wrap.
Try out this tasty recipe this Memorial Day weekend while you are enjoying the views at the lake. Let us know what you think.