Hey friends, sorry we are a few days late on our first post for August. We’ve been busy trying to wrap up the summer and spend time with family from out of town. We didn’t forget about you, though. This week we have a super easy, creamy and smooth delish treat that you will be dying to try — Borghetti Mochaccino!
What’s a Mochaccino? A mochaccino is typically an espresso shot (double) with a combination of steamed milk and cocoa powder or chocolate milk. Often mochaccinos have chocolate syrup, whipped cream and added toppings such as cinnamon, nutmeg or chocolate sprinkles. Our mochaccino recipe is served frozen and best enjoyed with a straw and spoon.
First you need to make the chocolate espresso syrup. Place sugar, Cafe’ Borghetti and water in a small saucepan and bring to a slow boil. This takes about 2 minutes. Remove the sauce from the heat and add in chocolate chips and Irish cream (We used Kerrygold) stirring until melted and the syrup is smooth. Place the syrup in the blender and blend for about 2 minutes. Set aside to cool.
Meanwhile in a medium bowl beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in the cooled chocolate mixture. Pour into 8 ounce glasses or serving bowls. Cover with plastic wrap. Freeze for 8 hours. Let sit for 15 minutes prior to serving. Top with chocolate sprinkles when ready to serve. Yummo!
If you are viewing this post via email, visit us at www.theblindpig.blog for a full downloadable recipe for Borghetti Mochaccino.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Cafe' Borghetti Espresso Liqueur
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 ounce of Kerrygold Irish Cream
- 1 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream
- Chocolate sprinkles for garnish
- In a small saucepan bring sugar, coffee, and water to a slow boil. Continue boil for about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add chocolate chips and Irish cream. Stir until smooth.
- Pour into a blender and blend for 2 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
- Beat whipping cream in a medium bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in cooled chocolate mixture.
- Pour mixture into small bowls or glasses. Cover with plastic wrap and place in freezer for 8 hours.
- Let sit 15 minutes before serving. Top with chocolate sprinkles.
Borghetti Mochaccinos make an elegant dessert for dinner with friends. The flavor of the espresso liqueur shines through. This dessert is so smooth and creamy, you will fall in love with it immediately.
Try it this weekend and let us know what you think!