It’s been high school homecoming week in Allen, Texas. We are sharing a few of the many pics with you of Blind Pig #2 and his lovely date. If you are not from the Lone Star State, you may not be familiar with the homecoming mum tradition. What can we say, ” Bigger, better….” You know the phrase. 🙂
Along with football, homecoming and mums, we like to celebrate Fall with a some Bianco Sangria. Throw some fall fruits into a pitcher and mix some up for yourself! We added apples, plums, pears, and peaches to our pitcher. We start with some white wine, Carpano Bianco, apple brandy, lemon juice, simple syrup and angostura bitters.
Cut your fresh fruit into small bite size pieces and place in your pitcher.
Add other ingredients to the pitcher and stir gently. Our recipe called for simple syrup, but we thought that the brandy and wine made the sangria very sweet. The next time we make this recipe we are leaving out the simple syrup. Place your pitcher in the fridge and let it sit for 4-8 hours. Serve chilled and enjoy.
- 2 cups white wine
- 1 cup Carpano Bianco
- 3/4 cups apple brandy
- 1/4 cup simple syrup
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 dashes of angostura bitters
- Chopped fresh fruit, such as apple, pear, plum and peach
- Chop fresh fruit into bite size pieces and place in a pitcher.
- Add all other ingredients to pitcher and stir gently.
- Chill in refrigerator for 4-8 hours until flavors are well blended.
- Serve chilled with fruit pieces in glass.
If you are viewing this post via email, visit us at www.theblindpig.blog for a printable recipe for Bianco Sangria.
Make some Bianco Sangria today kick ball and watch some football and let us know what you think!