This week we sent our oldest piglet out into the big wide world to seek her fortune! We couldn’t be more proud of her guts and enthusiasm for life. To commemorate her move to NYC we are sharing with you a Spiced Manhattan, as a toast to piglets leaving their home pigsties everywhere!
To make the Spiced Manhattan you need to do a little pre-planning. The Carpano Antica Vermouth that you add to make the Manhattan simply fabulous will need to be infused for a day or two before mixing your cocktail. Take a cup of Carpano Antica Sweet Vermouth and add 3-4 strips of orange zest, a slice of fresh ginger, 3 allspice berries, 3-4 whole cloves, a handful of fresh or frozen cranberries, and 3 ounces of spiced rum. Place in a glass container and infuse in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
After you have infused your vermouth, make a Manhattan as usual. You need your favorite whiskey, spiced vermouth, dash of angostura bitters, orange or lemon peel and Luxardo cherries for garnish. Shake or stir and enjoy!
If you are viewing this post via email, visit us at www.theblindpig.blog for a complete recipe for Spiced Fall Manhattan.
Spiced Fall Manhattan
- 4 strips orange zest
- 1 slice of fresh ginger
- 3 allspice berries
- 4 whole cloves
- 1/8 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 ounces of spiced rum
- 1 cup of Carpano Antica Sweet Vermouth
- 2 ounces of whiskey
- 1 ounce of spiced vermouth
- dash of angostura bitters
- Luxardo cherries and orange peel for garnish
- To make the Spiced Vermouth, Infuse first 6 ingredients in a glass container with 1 cup of Carpano Antica Sweet Vermouth for 1-2 days in a refrigerator.
- Place whiskey, spiced vermouth and dash of bitters in a shaker over ice and shake.
- Strain into a coup glass or martini glass.
- Garnish with orange or lemon peel and cherries.
This take on the classic Manhattan is perfect for serving at holiday gatherings. It has the traditional cocktail (that we all love), but is dressed up a bit with some holiday flare! The spiced aroma of the infused vermouth smells so delicious and helps to accentuate a special occasion.
What special drinks or desserts do you like to serve to emphasize the holiday spirit?
If you are new around here, welcome to our little corner of the internet. We are glad you stopped by. If you like what you’ve found, we would love to have you become a permanent subscriber. Please tell your friends about us!
Disclaimer: Beverages on this site are meant for adults 21 years of age and older. We do not condone underage drinking. Please drink responsibly.