Hey friends! Did you remember to change your clock this weekend? We are always amazed to find how refreshed we feel after that extra hour of sleep. Too bad every weekend didn’t allow us an extra hour.
This week we are sharing our sweet Borghetti Brownie Caramel Bites with you. We have shared Cafe’ Borghetti with you in other recipes, such as Easy Espresso Cake, Espresso Ice Cream Treats, Espresso Fudge, Borghetti Mochaccino, and Borghetti Coke Float. You know that it is super easy to add to any dessert recipe and it compliments chocolate nicely. This week we added a little espresso flavor to our brownie bite recipe to bring out the rich taste of the chocolate and give the bite a flavor boost!
Like many of our recipes, this recipe is super easy. You need your favorite brownie mix or recipe. We used a Betty Crocker brownie mix. You also need a bag of about 35 Rolo candies, Cafe’ Borghetti Espresso Liqueur, chocolate almond bark and some sea salt.
Mix the brownies as directed with an additional ounce of Cafe’ Borghetti Espresso Liqueur. Bake as directed, but pull the brownies out of the oven when slightly gooey in the middle. Allow brownies to cool. Cut the brownies into 2 inch squares. Leave the crust around the edge of the pan. You don’t need that part.
Remember our trick for working with dough in your hands? We shared this trick with you in past posts, like Golden Mint Crinkles. Take a square brownie in your hand sprayed with cooking spray and gently flatten the brownie. Place an unwrapped Rolo in the middle of the brownie and form the brownie around the Rolo. Place on a cookie sheet and refrigerate for one hour.
Melt chocolate almond bark in the microwave using short 30 second spurts stirring in between until the almond bark is smooth and creamy. Dip brownie bites in chocolate until well coated. Drain excess chocolate and place on parchment paper. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt prior to chocolate cooling and hardening. Let brownie bites cool for about 30 minutes and then serve.
If you are viewing this post via email, visit us at www.theblindpig.blog for a printable version of the complete recipe for Borghetti Brownie Caramel Bites.
Borghetti Brownie Caramel Bites
- Brownie Mix
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 Tablespoon of oil
- 1 egg
- 1 ounce of Cafe' Borghetti Espresso Liqueur
- 35 Rolos
- 1 package of chocolate almond bark
- Sea salt
- Make brownies according to package directions. Remove from oven when brownies are slightly gooey in the middle.
- Cool brownies and cut into two-inch squares, leaving the outside crust unused.
- Take a two inch brownie slice and place in palm of hand. Place an unwrapped Rolo in the middle of the brownie. Wrap the brownie around the Rolo and form a brownie ball.
- Place ball on parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Continue until all brownies have been formed into balls.
- Place brownie balls into the refrigerator to chill for an hour.
- Melt almond bark in microwave with 30 second spurts, stirring in between. Melt almond bark until the bark is melted and smooth.
- Dip brownie bites into almond bark until covered in chocolate. Remove from chocolate and let excess chocolate drip off.
- Place brownie bite on parchment paper and sprinkle lightly with sea salt.
- Let brownie bites sit at room temperature or in refrigerator for approximately 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
This treat brings you the best of several flavor combinations. You get the rich taste of chocolate and espresso with a yummy surprise of caramel in the middle. The sea salt does its part to enhance all of the flavors with a little salty-sweet combo. Yummo! Make this treat for a football tail gate, a special treat after Thanksgiving dinner or just because you are craving something salty and sweet.
One thought on “Borghetti Brownie Caramel Bites”
Pingback: The Blind Pig Holiday Goody Basket Ideas | The Blind Pig