A popular trend during this COVID crises is to bake bread. Rhonda has been baking since our stay at home orders began. Who knew? There is something very comforting about the smell of fresh baked bread and eating it is even more of a solace. Even Jimmy Fallon and Hugh Jackman were baking bread on the Tonight Show this week. These are tough unforeseen times that we are living in, and we are looking for anything that is a momentary distraction. So, as they always say, “When the going gets tough… the tough bake!”
Out of all of the breads that have been popular to bake lately banana bread is topping the trend list. We shared with you a great banana bread recipe a couple years back, Zaya Banana Bread, which was a huge hit in The Blind Pig household. Today we are going to share with you the recipe for Chocolate Banana Bread. It has a little bit chocolate, a little bit banana, and of course we Blind Pigged it up with some Caffe’ Borghetti! Chocolate Banana Bread did not last long at our house. Let’s see if you fare a little better.
To make Chocolate Banana Bread you will need flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, eggs, butter, bananas, vanilla, semi-sweet chocolate chips and Caffe’ Borghetti.
The recipe is a very basic bread recipe that does not need you to add yeast or wait for the dough to rise. First mix the dry ingredients together. Then mix together bananas, eggs, melted butter, Caffe’ Borghetti and vanilla. Fold the two mixtures together and add the chocolate chips. Pour it into a greased loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 65 minutes. So easy!
If you are viewing this post via email, visit us at www.theblindpig.blog for a full printable version of the recipe for Chocolate Banana Bread.
Chocolate Banana Bread
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ounce Caffe' Borghetti Espresso Liqueur
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together dry ingredients: flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Mix together bananas, eggs, melted butter, Caffe' Borghetti, and vanilla.
- Fold the banana mixture into the dry ingredients until combined.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Pour into greased loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 5 minutes or until bread has risen and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool slightly. Slice and serve warm
After about an hour, remove the bread from the oven and place on a cooling rack. You can serve it warm or cooled. This bread is a great breakfast bread with a hot cup of coffee or makes a delicious afternoon snack.
For more great bread recipes from The Blind Pig Blog, check out these links below.
Has the COVID crisis given you the urge to bake more? We would love to hear about what you’ve been up to!