If you’ve been around our blog long enough, you will know that it is no secret that The Blind Pig Household loves pie!! Usually Rhonda makes Peanut Butter Ice Cream Fudge Pie for Craig for Father’s Day and other special occasions, but this year we broke from tradition and tried another kind of pie: Butterfinger Bourbon Pie.
Butterfinger Bourbon Pie is made with Craig’s favorite candy bars — Butterfingers, chocolate cookie crumb crust, and a frozen whipped filling. It has all of the characteristics of a winning dessert for our favorite dad! It is a creamy, rich, sweet that is great for any summertime entertaining.
To make this delicious dessert you will need chocolate cookie crumbs from chocolate wafer cookies. (We have used these chocolate cookie wafers in other recipes on the blog, such as Yum Rum Balls, Cappuccino Dessert and Spirited Chocolate Orange Bars. Remember to look for them near the sundae toppings in your grocery store.) You will also need butter, egg white, cream cheese, granulated sugar, heavy cream, corn syrup, Butterfinger candy bars, and your favorite whiskey or bourbon.
First make the pie crust. You will need to pulse your wafer cookies in a food processor until the wafers are fine crumbs. Next pulse in your melted butter and egg whites. Then form into the bottom of a pie pan and bake for about fourteen minutes at 325 degrees. After baking, remove from oven and cool.
While crust is cooling, use an electric mixer to beat cream cheese, and sugar until smooth. Set aside. In a separate bowl, beat cream and corn syrup with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Add bourbon to the whipped cream and beat until well blended. Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
Crush the Butterfinger candy bars. We usually place our candy bars in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes. Remove from freezer and pound candy bars while still in the wrapper with a mallet or rolling pin. Open the wrapper and pour easily into a bowl.
Place half of the Butterfinger crumbs in the cream cheese/whipped cream mixture. Save the remainder of the crumbs for the pie topping.
Spread the filling into the cooled crust. Top with the remaining crushed Butterfinger crumbs.
Freeze for 3-4 hours or until firm.
If you are viewing this post via email, visit us at www.theblindpig.blog for a printable version of the full recipe for Butterfinger Bourbon Pie.
Butterfinger Bourbon Pie
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate wafer cookie crumbs
- 1 egg white beaten
- 6 Tbsp. melted butter
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. corn syrup
- 1/2 ounce whiskey or bourbon
- 6 full-size Butterfinger candy bars, crushed
- Prepare the crust. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Coat a pie dish with cooking spray. Stir together cookie crumbs, melted butter, and lightly beaten egg white. Firmly press mixture into bottom of baking dish. Bake in oven about 14 minutes. Cool completely for about 30 minutes.
- With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat whipped cream and corn syrup with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Add bourbon and mix until well blended.
- Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture until smooth. Add 1/2 of crushed Butterfinger bars into cream cheese and whipped cream mixture.
- Spread filling into cooled crust and top off with remaining crushed candy bars.
- Place in freezer for 3-4 hours.
This delicious dessert is as heavenly as it looks. Cut pieces small, because it is quite rich and filling. (You can always go back for more!)
If you have a family full of Butterfinger-lovers this dessert will be a crowd pleaser! Try it this weekend and let us know what you think.
One thought on “Save Room for Pie Part III: Butterfinger Bourbon Pie”
Pingback: A Look Back on 2020: TBPB’s Top 10 Posts | The Blind Pig