This past Sunday was National Ice Cream Day, and any loyal Blind Pig reader can tell you that ice cream is definitely one of our weaknesses! How can it not be? This week we have a delicious frozen dessert with a boozy bite to share with you: Caffe’ Mocha Frozen Dessert.
This dessert is a low prep dessert for an impressive return on your investment. Aside from the taste and the instant visual appeal, this dessert can be made hours or days ahead of your social event. It is the perfect summer dessert, because you do not need to heat up the oven and risk making your kitchen hot.
The Caffe’ Mocha Frozen Dessert is made with brandy, Creme de Cacao, and Caffe’ Borghetti Espresso Liqueur. The boozy flavor of this dessert can be attributed to the combination of the trio of liqueurs with ice cream.
To create this yummy treat, you will need to place 5-6 scoops of ice cream in a blender along with a portion of the 3 liqueurs. Blend the ice cream and then pour the mixture into a large bowl. You will do this step 3-4 times until all of the ice cream has been blended with the liqueur. Next stir the ice cream mixture well to make sure that the liqueur is well blended with the ice cream. After mixing, ladle the ice cream mixture into serving glasses.
Place in the freezer until ready to serve (about an hour or two). Garnish with whipped cream, chocolate sprinkles and Pirouette cookies. Because of the alcohol content in this dessert, we recommend it for adults only.
If you are viewing this post via email, visit us at www.theblindpig.blog for a complete downloadable recipe for Caffe’ Mocha Frozen Dessert.
Caffe' Mocha Frozen Dessert
- 1/3 gallon vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1/2 cup creme de cacao
- 1/2 cup Caffe' Borghetti Espresso Liqueur
- whipped cream
- chocolate sprinkles
- Place 5-6 scoops of ice cream in a blender with about 1/3 of each of the three liqueurs. Blend well. Pour into a large bowl.
- Repeat steps above until all ice cream and all liqueur have been well blended. Stir ice cream mixture in bowl until liqueur is distributed evenly.
- Ladle ice cream mixture into serving cups. Place in freezer for approximately 1-2 hours.
- Before serving, garnish with whipped cream. chocolate sprinkles and Pirouette cookies.
Try Caffe’ Mocha Frozen Dessert this weekend or check out some of our other great frozen treats!
Tequila Strawberry Lime Ice Cream Pie