‘Tis the season to do some holiday baking. Blind Piglet #1 and Rhonda are getting started on our annual holiday goodie baskets today. One of our favorite additions to our goodie basket is the delicious Peanut Butter Blossom Cookie. This cookie is a wonderful combination of a peanut butter cookie with a Hershey’s Kiss plopped in the middle. This year we decided to add a little extra something to our Peanut Butter Blossoms and Blind Pig them up a bit. Surprise!
Boozy Peanut Butter Blossoms are so easy to make and are always a fan favorite anytime of the year. We made ours with a basic family recipe that we got from Grandma Ruth. To make these golden, buttery delights you will need flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, butter, egg, salt, baking soda, dark rum and chocolate kisses. The addition of dark rum to this recipe increases the buttery richness of this cookie and pairs nicely with the peanut butter.
After mixing the dough, you will need to roll the dough into little balls. Make sure to use the trick we shared with you in our post for Golden Mint Crinkles. Spray your hands with some cooking spray before you roll the dough. It makes for an easier time working the dough and creates a smoother texture that cooks evenly.
If you are viewing this post via email, visit us at www.theblindpig.blog for a full recipe for Boozy Peanut Blossoms.
Boozy Peanut Blossoms are the perfect addition to a holiday goodie basket or packaged as a stocking stuffer. Because Boozy Peanut Blossoms taste yummier with a glass of milk, rumor has it that this is one of Santa’s favorites! A word of warning: These did not last long at our house. Make sure you save some for Santa.
Is your mouth watering yet? What are you waiting for? Start baking these delicious treats today!
Boozy Peanut Butter Blossoms
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. soda
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 ounce dark rum
- 2 T. of granulated sugar
- 1 pkg. chocolate kisses
- Cream together peanut butter, granulated sugar and softened butter.
- Add brown sugar and mix well.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Combine salt, baking soda and flour in bowl. Add gradually to the dough mixture mixing well.
- Mix in ounce of dark rum.
- Shape dough into1 1/2 inch balls. Dip into granulated sugar placed in a shallow bowl or plate.
- Place on cookie sheet 2 inches apart. Bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Unwrap 36 chocolate kisses from foil.
- Remove cookie sheet from oven and quickly place one chocolate kiss in the middle of each cookie, pressing slightly.
- Bake another 2 minutes. Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool on pan for 5 minutes before removing.
One thought on “Boozy Peanut Butter Blossoms”
Pingback: No Bake Holiday Bourbon Balls | The Blind Pig