Can you believe that it is already November? We know that sounds trite, but time has been flying for us. We thought after we became empty nesters that things would slow down a bit. We guess in our new-found freedom that we are taking advantage of doing all of those things that were put on the back burner for years?
We wanted to share a homey fall recipe with you this week, and what is more homey and comforting than home baked bread? We have brought you some yummy bread recipes in the past, such as, Angry Orchard Bread, Chocolate Banana Bread and Easy Pumpkin Beer Bread. This week we are adding a touch of fall flavor with some juicy gala apples and a twist of bourbon flavor.
To make this easy bread recipe you will need a yellow cake mix, shredded fresh apples, canola oil, eggs, milk, bourbon, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, pecans, brown sugar, and melted butter.
First mix the cake mix, oil, milk, and spices together in a large mixing bowl. Add the bourbon and hand-stir in the shredded apples. Divide the batter between two loaf pans prepped with cooking spray.
Mix together the chopped pecans, brown sugar, melted butter and 1/4 ounce of bourbon. Sprinkle on top of the bread batter. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. Cool. Slice. Enjoy!
This easy bread is perfect to bake as a hostess gift for a friend or pre-make for your next brunch. We are going to enjoy ours on the patio this afternoon on this gorgeous autumn day.
What kind of fall adventures have you been on lately? Make some bourbon apple bread and let us know your thoughts!
Bourbon Apple Bread
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 ounce bourbon
- 2 cups coarsely shredded, peeled apples (3 small)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 ounce bourbon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour bottoms of two loaf pans.
- In large bowl, beat all bread ingredients except apples with electric mixer on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Stir in apples. Divide batter evenly between pans.
- In small bowl, mix topping ingredients. Sprinkle over batter in pans.
- Place pans in oven for 45-50 minutes. Test center with a skewer. It should come out clean.
- Cool for 30 minutes.