Jump to recipe
How to catch a Leprechaun: Make these delicious Chocolate Chip Mint Brookies. Place on a plate. Sit back and watch the leprechauns unable to resist these yummy St. Patrick’s Day treats.
Our recipe this week is a mash up of two great recipes with a little bit of our own twist to bring you these delightful fun brookies. What is a brookie? A brookie is just like it sounds – half brownie and half cookie.
To make these treats we used a brownie recipe that we found with another set of brookie directions. You need to make sure that the brownie dough is thick enough that you can place it on the cookie sheet with the cookie dough without running amuck. This recipe worked well, and we added a little bit of Branca Menta to the brownie recipe to give the brownies a slight minty flavor. The cookie recipe that we used is a favorite cookie recipe in The Blind Pig Blog household. Then we added a bit of green food coloring to get in the Irish spirit for March 17. The result was a match made under a shamrock!
The double flavors of the minty brownie with the chocolate chip cookie is a minty chocolaty goodness in your mouth that is sure to please any leprechaun around!
If you are viewing this post via email, visit us at www.theblindpig.blog for a complete recipe for the Chocolate Chip Mint Brookies.
For other great St. Patrick’s Day recipes, check out some of our past posts.
Cucumber Gin Spritz
Mint to Be Irish
The Thin Mint
Fernet Branca Collins
Golden Mint Crinkles
Choco Menta Shake
Mint Brownie Ice Cream Dessert
Oreo Menta Shake
Chocolate Chip Mint Brookies
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ ounce of Branca Menta
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ pound of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup of packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups of Swan's cake flour
- 1 ½ cups of bread flour
- ½ T salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ T. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. green food coloring
- 15 ounces milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F. For brownies, in a large bowl beat butter on medium to high 30 seconds. Add brown sugar, baking soda, and salt. Beat on medium 2 minutes, scraping bowl as needed. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Add cocoa powder and beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Add Branca Menta. Stir in remaining flour. Set dough aside.
- For cookies, cream together butter and sugars. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add flours, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla and food coloring. Mix until well combined. Add chocolate chips mixing well.
- Scoop a small scoop of chocolate chip cookie dough onto cookie sheet paired with a scoop of brownie dough just to the side of the cookie dough. For more uniform cookies gently roll the doughs together in your hand.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees. After removing from oven, gently slap the cookie sheet on the counter to deflate the brownies. Let cool on cookie sheet for 3-5 minutes, then remove to parchment paper to continue cooling.