Are you a coffee lover? If so we have the perfect dessert to share with you this week. The Cappuccino Dessert is so easy with the perfect blend of creamy, coffee, and chocolate. You will love showing off this delicious dessert with family and friends.
The Cappuccino Dessert is another great recipe with Caffe’ Borghetti Espresso Liqueur. Now you might be saying, “Rhonda and Craig, we already have seen lots of recipes with Caffe’ Borghetti. Why do you use the same ingredients in most of your drinks and recipes?” Well… there is a very intentional reason for that! First of all, Caffe’ Borghetti is a great product. If you are like us and like most people, who do not own a full service bar with hundreds of customers each week, you tend to use an ounce or two of a bottle of liquor for a couple of drinks. Then the bottle sits in your bar area or on your pantry shelf for quite some time before you use it again. We try to show you multiple uses for various products, so you can see that making a purchase of a bottle of liquor is not just for a beverage or two. Many liquors are quite versatile and can be used for a variety of recipes. The more recipes that we share with you to show you how to use products, the more you will be making the most of your purchases.
The Cappuccino Dessert is very easy and is a crowd pleaser! We (Rhonda) made this dessert to share with our great friends, the Burkes, when invited to their house for dinner. The ingredients you need for Cappuccino Dessert are: chocolate wafer cookies, melted butter, granulated sugar, egg white, cream cheese, heavy cream, Caffe’ Borghetti Espresso Liqueur, cocoa and chocolate sprinkles.
First you will need to make the crust. Break the wafer cookies into crumbs. Mix the crumbs with melted butter, egg white and sugar. Press the mixture into the bottom of 9 x 9 inch baking pan. Bake at 325 degrees for about 14 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for approximately 30 minutes.
Next prepare the filling. Place softened cream cheese and sugar in a mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on high until creamy. Beat in half of the cream until stiff peaks form. Dollop half of cream cheese mixture over cooled crust.
Place remaining 1/3 cup of cream in a small microwaveable bowl. Heat on high for about 20 seconds. Add cocoa and stir until well dissolved. Place cocoa cream mixture in freezer for about 10 minutes. After ten minutes remove from freezer and add Caffe’ Borghetti. Blend cream mixture into remaining cream cheese mixture.
After mixed, dollop on crust. Smooth out cream cheese mixture swirling the two flavors of cream cheese mixture together. Cover and place in the refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours. When ready to serve, sprinkle with chocolate shavings or chocolate sprinkles. Then cut into squares.
If you are viewing this post via email, visit us at www.theblindpig.blog for a downloadable recipe for The Cappuccino Dessert.
2 inch squares
- 1 package of chocolate wafer cookies
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/6 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 (8 oz. ) packages of cream cheese
- 2/3 cups of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 ounce of Caffe' Borghetti Espresso Liqueur
- 1/2 tablespoon of cocoa
- Prepare the crust. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Coat a 9 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Stir together cookie crumbs, melted butter, 1/6 cup of sugar, and lightly beaten egg white. Firmly press mixture into bottom of baking dish. Bake in oven about 14 minutes. Cool completely for about 30 minutes.
- For the filling, beat cream cheese and 2/3 cup of sugar with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Beat in 1/4 cup of heavy cream on high. Beat until stiff peaks form. Dollop half of the mixture onto cooked crust.
- Place remaining 1/4 cup of heavy cream in a microwaveable bowl. Heat on high in microwave for 20 seconds. Stir in coca until dissolved. Stir in Caffe' Borghetti. Place in freezer for about 10 minutes.
- Beat cooled cocoa mixture into remaining cream cheese mixture until smooth and thickened. Dollop espresso mixture over crust and plain cream cheese mixture.
- Using the back of a spoon, swirl together two cream cheese mixtures to edges of crust.
- Cover and place in refrigerator until well chilled -- for about 4 hours.
- Sprinkle with chocolate sprinkles and serve cut in 2 inch squares.
Are you ready to try it out? Let us know what you think.
Here are other coffee flavored and inspired recipes from our blog that you might like.
Espresso Ice Cream
Easy Espresso Cake
Gold Medal Coffee
Borghetti Coke Float
Caffe Borghetti PBIF Pie
Borghetti Brownie Caramel Bites
Borghetti Coke Float